Thursday 10 September 2015

DIY#FASHION#STYLE#3B GIRLS TOTAL MAKE OVER TIPS STORY#MUST SEE

TOTAL MAKE OVER TIPS
If you thought that you could never pull off stiletto heels and clothes off the ramp, this is your story. We did a makeover with 3 different girls who thought that kimono jackets and sheer skirts fared well only on the ramp, and, along the way, reinstated their faith in fashion, their bodies and themselves…
Pear shape
Sonia Gupta, a 23-year-old Social Media Associate, usually dresses in denims and shirts to work. She loves to experiment with her style while sticking to a palette of bright colours.

What we did: Sonia’s slim waist is her best asset so horizontal stripes and a solid blazer gave her figure the illusion of an hourglass. A formal skirt and contrasting pointed-toe pumps sealed her work-wear look.

“The new look incorporated just the right amount of glam,” says Sonia. “A wave of freshness to my office wardrobe, I love how the shoulder pads make so much difference to my body. I really liked the way the eye makeup stood out behind my glasses and those curls... I never thought they would look so good.”

Sonia wears Lakmé Eyeconic Black liner on her eyes, Lakmé Absolute Face Stylist Blush Duos in Rose Blush on her cheeks and the Lakmé Absolute 9to5 Aqua Shine Lip Colour in Lychee.
Striped top, blazer and heels: Zara, Skirt: Marks & Spencer, Bag: Accessorize


Apple shape
Poorva Sangam, a 23-year-old Brand Associate, is a no-makeup girl and denims with a no-nonsense t-shirt are her reliable, best friends. She sticks to blacks, blues, whites and greys and never tries anything that’s out of her comfort zone.

What we did: To turn things around (drastically) we styled Poorva in a sheer maxi skirt paired with a tropical print blouse. We finished her look with a bright blazer that hugged her curves perfectly and made her look super feminine.

“I’m a total tomboy”, says Poorva. “I never thought I could pull off something like a skirt and a jacket. And the makeup! A lip colour in coral? I thought I’d look hideous! And I didn’t realise that just straightening my hair would make my face look so different! I’m going to try this look out another time for sure.”

Poorva wears the Lakmé Shine Line in Black, the Lakmé Absolute Colour Illusion Eye Shadow in Gold Pearl and the Lakmé Absolute Gloss Addict Lipstick in Coral Lustre.
Top, skirt and blazer: Westside, Bag and link chain: Accessorize, Gold cuff: Global Desi


Hourglass shape
Niharika Mishra, a 23-year-old graphic designer, loves her tights and sneakers and does everything she can to stay away from anything that’d hug her body. Keeping in mind her love for prints and colours, we went a tad boho on her with a pair of Aztec print shorts, a crop top, a kimono jacket and heels (such a welcome change from her Chuck Taylors).

“It took me several minutes to believe that the reflection in the mirror is actually mine,” says Niharika. “I like that the look was not too girly yet quite sexy. The kimono jacket would make for a great addition to my casual, laidback wardrobe. And, if I may say so myself, all this makeup and these waves in my hair look stunning!”

Niharika wears the Lakmé Absolute Drama Stylist Shadow Crayon in Turquoise, Lakmé Absolute Face Stylist Blush Duos in Coral Blush and the Lakmé 9to5 Matte Lip Colour in Candy Closure.
Shorts, kimono jacket and heels: Zara, Crop top and cuff: Global Desi
Hair and makeup: Pooja Mathur.

No comments:

Post a Comment